1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You Make My Heart Happy

(My amazing friend Abby took this picture of Ben my other dear friend's husband. If you have a Facebook check out Abby's photography http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Abigail-Polley-Photography/181264455220276 and like it.. You know you want too!)

Lately I have been reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It is becoming one of my favorite books very fast =). In chapter seven there was a paragraph that I completely fell in LOVE with. It says "Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart. God's version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens, and fierce devotion." I have never thought about this before, but it is sooooo true. They go on to say "He knows what takes your breath away, knows what makes your heart beat faster." Can you believe it the God of the universe wants to romance you??? HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!?! This makes my heart happy. I'm going to approach each day with "Jesus, how can I fall in love with you more today? How will you romance me today? Whatever it is I can't wait. For it is you who makes my heart happy!"

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog header picture! :)

    A couple friends and I are starting up a new website/blog for set-apart sisters to connect and share. We'd love you to be a part of it! We are also looking for guest bloggers. Blessings, Hannah Rose

    dwellonlovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that would be lovely!! I would be honored to join yall! Would you like my email to get ahold of me that way?

    ReplyDelete