1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Healing, Joy, My Protector and Dear Beloved


When I think of what God has done in my life for the past month, I am in complete amazement. He seems to be stripping everything away so I would rely on Him more. I want to be His. I want his love to shine through me to others. That is my desire. I had a twelve year old girl ask me the other day "Why are you so happy? Do you have a boyfriend now?". My answer to both of those questions is, No. It is God who has been making me happy. There is a song that goes "The Joy of the Lord is my strength...." I think that is so very true. If we really seek Him he brings such joy to every part of our being. As you have read in a previous post I have been reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge and alot of this book seems to be directly written to me. I don't even know how to explain it, but God has been using this book to break me down. This time my Beloved is building me up to be more like Him. Ofcourse Satan has seriously tried to attack me. My Protector will not let that happen though He has suffered and fought to much for me. He is wrapping my wounds in His love and I can hear Him say "Give it up my child, come to me, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28) You are beautiful to me and it will outshine all the fakeness this world is trying to offer. Only if you let ME work." Ok let me just say "Is that not the most exciting, romantic, beautiful thing EVER!?" Hold your horses it gets better!! In a part of Captivating they write this paraphrase of sorts from Isaiah 61:1-3. "God has sent me on a mission. I have some great news for you. God has sent me to restore and release something. And that something is YOU. I'm here to give you back your heart and set you free. I am furious at the Enemy who did this to you, and I will fight against Him. Let me comfort you, for, dear one I will bestow beauty upon you. Where you have known only devastation. Joy, in the places of your deep sorrow. And I will robe your heart in thankful praise in exchange for your resignation and despair." Ok seriously can it get any better then this?? I think not. The God of the universe is giving me such joy and romancing me in every way possible. I pray you will let the Healer heal any wounds you may have in your life. And open your self up to being romanced and protected by the One who brings such joy!

7 comments:

  1. God is truly amazing... :)

    hello my pretty! thank you for following my blog, yours is just lovely! i would love to add you in my bloglist!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I totally agree with that statement =)

    I would love that. Thank you! =) I hope my blog will encourage you and I hope we get to know each other as time passes us by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, I am in AWE, of how God is/has been working in your life. WOW, dearest! I love you so much and I love the way God is molding you into who He wants you to be. I can definitely see you becoming more "free" as you realize who you are in Christ. Also, I've noticed you being more joyful!

    I love you and I'M STILL PRAYING FOR YOU....
    "bosom" sisters forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you and me both, Kim. I have also been praying for you too deary =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love your blog- in the few minutes I've been browsing your pages I can already see how great The Father's hand is in your life. Thank you for the follow, and I firmly intend to return the favor and visit often!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing more beautiful than a soul in love with God... Praise God, for He is so good to each of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really good post. I just found your blog and what you wrote really encouraged me. I needed to hear it. God's love is so amazing and incredible.
    Abigail @ Amazed By Grace

    ReplyDelete