Greetings from the gorgeous mountains of West Virginia! The brightly colored leaves were so beautiful during the fall! I can not wait until it snows! I now go to school at Appalachian Bible College! God has been stretching me a lot this semester through the preaching, classes, and devotions. My professors are wonderful and it is obvious they have a love for what they do and a desire for us to grow in our relationship to Christ. This semester I am taking Bible Study Methods, English Comp 1, Foundation of Camping, Practical Christian Service, Freshman Seminar, Apologetics, Ecology, Low Ropes and Initiatives, Basic Skills, and Camping P.E.They have skills classes for Camping majors that are one credit hour. However that’s where the fun is. This semester my skills classes are Ecology, Low Ropes and Initiatives, and Basic Skills. Some skills classes they offer are Whitewater Rafting, Caving, Wilderness First Aid, Horsemanship, Rock Climbing, Backpacking and many more. My Favorite class would be Camping P.E and Ecology class. My homework for Ecology consists of finding a spot in the woods and going there every week for an hour to observe nature. It is a great time to do my devotions too.
One lesson I have learned this semester was from Ecology class. Trees get scars from lots of different things. The huge gashes do loads of damage. Yet, most trees still live, the scars heal, and the tree to fulfill the job God has given it. Happily, God does the same thing with his children. We may do something that leaves a huge scar on our life, but God lovingly heals it and use it to his advantage. We can reach and touch lives we may not have been able to before.At ABC we are required to take part in a Practical Christian Service while we are students here. Appalachian believes that one of the best ways to train for ministry is to apply it. Some help their church in Awanas, teaching Sunday school, youth groups, and in the children’s department. We also have different ministry teams you can get involved in, such as: the evangelism team, nursing home team, Children’s Evangelism Fellowship team, Drama team, and Puppet team. I would like to get involved in either the nursing home team or the children’s program at Maxwell Hill Baptist Church, where I attend.
Some things I would appreciate your prayers on are that I would grasp what is being taught, do well on my homework, and that God will show me what ministry I should get involved with.
No comments:
Post a Comment