
I'm sure you all have either seen or read Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice and wonder what happened to the dashing gentlemanly Mr. Darcy of those times. When the women respected men and the men captured the heart of their maiden. Have you ever stopped to think those times are not lost? Now your probably thinking, "back up the train there girl, have you met some of the guys today?" Yes, I actually on numerous occasions I have had guys be gentlemen, and some not so gentlemanly. Fact of the matter is how we treat them when it happens. If the guy holds the door open for you, how do you act towards him? In today's world saying thank you doesn't happen often anymore. Arrogant femininity of today makes us either ignore the guy, or put him down because you think you are more then capable to do it yourself. So the guy will more then likely give up after awhile and never try to change. Then the girls end up wondering what happened to the gentlemen of Jane Austin's world. If we want guys to be more gentlemen and heroic, we shouldn't scorn or bash them. God calls us to respect and reverence them. (Ephesians 5:33) I know this verse talks about a wife and husband, but the same principles apply to us unmarried women. Practice building up the guys in your life right now. have faith in our almighty God and what he can do through man! Next time you wonder where Mr. Darcy is, pray. Remember, God is never limited to any guys weakness. He is more interested in the guy's soul then you are!
Hey Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteI love this post! It's so true and so real! This mirrors the ideas of the book "Authentic Beauty" when Eric writes how to encourage guys to be gentlemen. Encouraging guys to be gentlemen means we must also hold ourselves to the same standard to be gracious women.
Good topic to talk about, thanks for bringing it up!
Nice post Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteI'm Sarah Feeny from Texas I got your blog address from Kim Krause. She was my teammate at EXCEL 33. You said your friend went through AE 17, well I'm in AE 18 right now!! Thanks for the nice post! God bless!
Col. 1:9-14
oh hello sarah.. its nice to "meet" you. I hope you like the advanced one as much as my friend did! when she got back, she taught me sooo much.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment reply Rebecca! Nice to meet you too! I see you are now a follower of my blog=) I saw the colleges you are interested in going to. I'm looking around for options this fall and next year.... I'll check out the two you mentioned! heehee! I'm all for Christian Education!!!!
ReplyDeleteDo you have g-mail?
Yes, I do! I'll have kim email it to you if u want it. What majors are u thinking of?
ReplyDelete